Friday, September 19, 2008

New Respect for Raid


Earlier today I had an email exchange with one of my favorite co-committee members regarding the infestation of Belize by missionaries in bible-quoting matching t-shirts. During that discussion, I mentioned that the sight of said Christian crusaders atop a Mayan temple made me long for a gargantuan Raid-spraying fogger to unburden the ancient jungle dwellers of their ant-like swarm of arrogant invaders.

I still hate the thought of those Christians.

But now I really want the Raid to off the 17 fruit flies currently swarming the rim of my wine glass. WTF?

2 comments:

ChrisG said...

In my favorite local watering hole, these little creatures flock to my beer pitcher, and all the glasses associated with it. This phenomenon seems unique to my pitcher and my associates. Do you suppose it's just our magnetic and charming natures that attract these little things?

GVB said...

Or it could be all of the slightly expired fruit on our counter...either way. Probably chrisg is right.