Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Three Days---not so serious version


1. I've been to real refugee camps and lived with a nomadic tribe... and neither scenario involved pink tents or costumed blow up dolls. Still, the camp in Marymoor park was a trip.

2. Under no other circumstance than a fundraising three day walk can I imagine collecting pink beads, wearing a feather boa, and cheering for a man whose t-shirt reads something like "I heart my wife's boobs."

3. I used to think it was sexy when women used the word "tits" to refer to their own breasts. Now all the mammary-related terminology sounds dull. Sigh.

4. The cynic in me is troubled by the fact that the same organization that raises $8.6 million for breast cancer research also serves mass-produced bacon for breakfast, hands out Lays potato chips at lunch and encourages participants to just throw away anything they don't eat/use after dinner. I guess you just have to pick your battles.

No comments: